Summer Tastes Like This

My Mom has made this light yummy dish for as long as I can remember, and it is the taste of summer in my mind. I have a bowl of it in my fridge every day from early June through late August. I need to rename it; she just calls it "cottage cheese mixture."

(And let me tell you cottage cheese haters. Give this a try and you will be converted.) Nothing's better over a fresh sliced homegrown tomato!

Posey's "Tastes Like Summertime" Cottage Cheese Mixture
1 large container of fat-free cottage cheese
1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1/2 - 3/4 red onion, chopped
1 TBS mayonnaise
Jane's Crazy Salt

Dump it all into a bowl and mix it up. Serve with a sprinkling of Jane's Crazy Salt. Good alone; even better over sliced tomatoes.


1 comment:

  1. i love, repeat love, cottage cheese. i have never wanted to add anything to it before but this sounds like a must have in the frig like you say to do. of course I am a cottage cheese snob and only like a certain brand, etc. And as for me, i prefer red pepper instead of green.
    oh, and the whole rename thing? good idea.

    ReplyDelete