Good golly it's another recipe

So I downloaded a recipe and stopped by the store, sure of the items I needed and those I had at home. I was completely wrong on both accounts. So I started substituting and ended up quite happy with the result. NOTE: This is a rather spicy chili! I'd serve it with corn bread. (It definitely needs something to soak up some of the heat.)


Cathy's Black Bean-ish Chili
  • 1 large sweet onion, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 large cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) diced tomatoes
  • 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano
  • 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • salt and pepper, to taste
In Dutch oven, brown the ground beef; add onion and bell pepper and saute until onion is tender. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer over low heat for about 1 to 2 hours, or transfer to the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment